Saturday, December 13, 2008

Who knew...

                                             Tyler waiting while we got signed in
         This was the cool pre-op area they had for the kids to wait in
                                    One last picture of the thorn in his heel
                                    Getting ready to take his ride into the O.R.
Waking up after surgery... he did such a good job he didn't cry once and was very polite to the nurse who was helping him, he kept saying " thank you for helping me with my thorn."

This whole thing started on Thanksgiving, he was playing outside without his shoes and stepped on a thorn. Jonathan and I tried to get it out but had no luck. The next day I took him to the Doctors, he couldn't get it out. So, after a week of him not being able to walk on it or let us touch it, I called the Doctor again and he said that they would need to do surgery to get it out. Who knew a thorn could turn into such an ordeal. We are so happy it is finally out!

7 comments:

shannyn said...

your surgery experience was super plush compared to ours. i'm jealous of all the toys and things to play with and then a wagon ride into the OR, wish we could of done ours at your hospital.

Brianna said...

Poor Tyler. All that for a thorn. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Laura said...

Poor Tyler. I feel some what responce able. He will never want to come over again. I hope to see you all soon

minerfam said...

How sad! I am glad that the thorn is removed now but that is pretty tough, surgery! Seriously, Who knew!
Have a great Christmas-DanaLee

val said...

Aw, sweet little guy! I love how polite he was, and we would love to come hang out at that cool surgical center anytime! (only if you were there too, of course!)

Kitty said...

Ouch!!!! He is a brave little boy!

Anonymous said...

lol,so nice